UWONET is searching for a Legal Officer/District GBV Coordinator to support the GBV Prevention and response programme in Busoga Sub Region. Please find below and the details of the vacancy
Deadline – 8th May 2015
Job title: 1 Legal Officer/ GBV shelter Coordinator
Duty station – Namutumba district, Busoga Region.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the position will perform the following functions:
• Coordinate and Network with relevant stakeholders and provide overall management to running the GBV shelter at the district
• Documentation of all activities under the programme, successes, best practices, lessons learnt, challenges and recommendations
• Provide appropriate legal counseling and representation of GBV survivors and children in Courts of Law
• Effective and efficient programme implementation as per work plans and expected outputs and outcomes
• Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Education: A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Law and a post graduate diploma in legal practice, and must be an enrolled advocate of High Court. A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
Skills and competencies
• Computer literacy is a must with strong knowledge of OUTLOOK, EXCEL and WORD
• Ideal candidate should have a keen awareness and a good knowledge of working with a communities. • Strong team building skills
• Experience in planning and implementing project activities
• Excellent report writing and documentation skills
• Ability to confront and discuss sensitive issues with respect and confidentiality • Knowledge of basic Monitoring and Evaluation.
• Ideal candidate should be people centered with good communication and Networking Skills. • Diplomacy and assertiveness
• Ability to work under minimum supervision • Experience in project management in a women’s rights NGO setting is an added advantage. Experience
• No less than three years job experience in a related field, preferably in the Development/ NGO sector.
Languages Proficiency in English. Knowledge of Luganda and/Lusoga is an added advantage
Application and CV including three references with contact details and copies of academic and professional testimonials should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Hand delivered to the address below addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Plot 710, Bbuye Kigoowa,
Mirembe Close, Ntinda
P. O. Box 27991, KAMPALA
Any inquiries should be submitted through the email addresses listed above. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. The successful candidate should be able to start immediately.