UWONET is searching for a Matron to support the GBV Prevention and response programme in Busoga Sub Region. Please find below and attached the details of the vacancy:
Deadline – 2nd June 2014
Application and CV including three references with contact details and copies of academic and professional testimonials by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Plot 710, Bbuye Kigoowa, Mirembe close Ntinda
P. O. Box 27991,
Any inquiries should be submitted through the email addresses listed above. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. The successful candidate should be able to start immediately.
Job title: 1 Matron GBV shelter
Duty station – Namutumba district – Busoga Region.
Under the supervision of the GBV district Coordinator, the position will perform the following functions:
1. Receive, register and admit survivors to the shelter as referred by the Coordinator/Social Worker
2. Provide counselling and guidance to survivors at the shelter
3. Manage day to day running of the shelter.
4. Provide safe custody to all property at the shelter.
5. Ensure that the shelter premises are maintained clean at all times.
6. In charge of welfare for survivors
7. Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Education: A minimum of a diploma in either or social works and social administration, development studies, counselling or its equivalent.
Skills and competencies
• Computer literacy is a must
• Ideal candidate should have a keen awareness and a good knowledge of working with a communities.
• Strong team building skills
• Ability to confront and discuss sensitive issues with respect and confidentiality
• Ideal candidate should be people centered with good communication and Networking Skills.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision.
Not less than two years job experience in a related field, preferably in the Development/ NGO sector.
Proficiency in English. Knowledge of Luganda and/ Lusoga is an added advantage